104 N Locust
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Opened in 1880. Town’s 2nd oldest brick non-residential. Used as train depot, rail car repairs, & more. Largest building in town during Jefferson Highway era.
Tenants have included Frisco Rail Depot, Pittsburg Foundry and Machine Company, Pittsburg Ironworks, Pittcraft Printing (1954-2000), and as “a homeless shelter for pigeons” for more than 15 years.
Since renovations in 2019-2020, this 15,500 square foot building has been used as an indoor family entertainment center, with splashes of antiques & historical artifacts.
From 1925-1935, Jefferson Highway followed Locust Street. While larger buildings were on the outskirts of town, this would have been the largest building in town at the time.