128 W Prairie Ave
Girard, KS 66743
Listed on the National Historic Register as a Carnegie library. The library was established in 1899, and the current Carnegie library building was built in 1906. With a population of 2,500 at the time, it’s believed Girard was the smallest city in the world to have a Carnegie Library at the time.
This is a full service library with Wi-Fi, meeting rooms, and a genealogy/history department.
The library features 2,500 square feet of meeting space and a capacity of 125 people. The library has three separate meeting rooms, two of which can be combined for a larger meeting room. The library has a kitchen, tables and chairs, limited audio-visual equipment, free high-speed wireless internet and is ADA accessible.