800 W 4th St
Pittsburg, KS 66762
This playground, pavilion, grill, restroom, small basketball court and sports field with backstop sits on the original site of Forest Park School (1891-1951). Known as Forest Park for decades, it was renamed to honor local Rotarian, Dr. Paul B. Leffler.
Dr. Leffler, his daughter, and the City of Pittsburg helped the local Rotary Club establish the park, which continues to be maintained by the club through tradition. Each year on their birthday, Rotary members are asked to donate one dollar for every year of their age, following Leffler, who donated $100 on his birthday each year.