It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for an affordable relaxing day-trip or weekend getaway, planning a youth travel tournament, or planning a collegiate national competition, Crawford County, Kansas features a unique blend of history, recreation, art and culture.
We have the facilities and services usually found only in larger cities, with the affordability and hospitality of a small town. Combined with our central location, it’s a combination that cannot be beat!
Approximately 80% of Kansans live within a 3 hour drive of Crawford County. We’re less than a 14 hour drive from both Canada and Mexico, as well as both the Appalachian and Rocky Mountain ranges. Plus, we’re connected to the world by Kansas City International Airport (MCI), just 2 hours away.
Crawford County truly is the heart of “The Heartland”.
The Crawford County Convention and Visitors Bureau is your official guide for things to do, where to eat, where to stay, and how to make the most of your trip to Crawford County, Kansas.
Our full-service bureau offers a variety of professional services to help you organize and execute conferences, conventions, meetings, and athletic event; and, offers advisory services to family gatherings and corporate functions.
We also offer advisory services to family gatherings and corporate functions.
Call 1-800-879-1112 or (620) 231-1212.
We’re here for you.
Crawford County CVB Services
- Preparing competitive bids complete with competitive rates from hotels, meeting facilities and caterers.
- Offering competitive bid fees to secure your event in Crawford County.
- Arranging site visit and FAM (familiarization) tour prior to the conference.
- Assisting with conference planning including theme, logo design, events and entertainment.
- Securing local dignitaries to present an official welcome.
- Assisting with conference registration and pre-conference information distribution.
- Assisting with name tags or name badges.
- Providing welcome bags complete with information, maps and goodies to all participants.
- Assisting with securing any catering needs.
- On-site conference assistance and on-site information booth.
- Gift baskets for conference VIP’s.
- Event promotion to over 100 media outlets within 100 miles of Pittsburg and Crawford County including press releases, calendar of event listings and newspaper listings.
- Assistance with planning and securing entertainment/social options during your event.
- Assistance with securing transportation options during your event.