The Shrine Bowl returns to Pittsburg. Graduating seniors from throughout the state will play in the 45th Annual Shrine Bowl on Saturday July 28, and will include performances by the Kansas Masonic All-State High School Marching Band and the Shrine Bowl All-Star Cheer Squad.
All events listed are in Pittsburg, Kansas:
Tuesday, July 24
- 8:00 a.m. – Band Camp begins at National Hall on the campus of Pittsburg State University (participants only)
- 12:00 p.m. – Cheer Camp begins at the Robert W. Plaster Center on the campus of Pittsburg State University (participants only)
Thursday, July 26
- 9:00 a.m. – Hospital Experience for Band, Cheer and players participating. To be held at the Robert W. Plaster Center and Weede Physical Education Building facility on the campus of Pittsburg State University (participants only)
Friday, July 27
- 8:00 a.m. – Kansas Shrine Bowl Golf Tournament at Four Oaks Golf Course
- 6:00 p.m. – Shrine Bowl Banquet at Robert W. Plaster Center on the campus of Pittsburg State University
Saturday, July 28
- 7:30 a.m. – Check in for Strong Legs Run 5K (Route TBA)
- 7:30 a.m. – Check in for Walk For Love (Route TBA)
- 9:00 a.m. – High School Combine at the Robert W. Plaster Center
- 10:00 a.m. – Kansas Shrine Bowl Parade in Downtown Pittsburg
- 11:30 a.m. – Jr. All-Star Challenge at Carnie Smith Stadium
- 5:00 p.m. – Gates Open at Carnie Smith Stadium
- 6:00 p.m. – Pregame Show
- 7:00 p.m. – Kickoff of 45th Annual Shrine Bowl All Star Game
All Shrine Bowl events are produced and presented to benefit Shriners Hospitals for Children, a health care system of 22 hospitals dedicated to improving the lives of children by providing pediatric specialty care, innovative research, and outstanding teaching programs for medical professionals. Children up to the age of 18 are eligible for care and receive all services in a family-centered environment, regardless of the patients’ ability to pay.
Around 70 graduating high school football players from across the state of Kansas are selected to represent East versus West. Each team has its own week-long camp before meeting for the annual game. More than 180 of Kansas’ best high school musicians also attend a week-long camp, and then perform as the Kansas Masonic All-State High School Marching Band. The band performs at the Shrine Bowl Banquet, leads the Shrine Bowl Parade, then performs in the pre-game and halftime performance of the game itself. The Shrine Bowl All-Star Cheer Squad is one of the most popular cheer clinics available in the state, showcasing cheerleaders from the host community as well as from across Kansas.
Football players, band members, and cheerleaders all take part in Hospital Visitation Day. This is an opportunity for participants to meet kids who have benefited from the Shriners Hospitals for Children.
The 45th Annual Kansas Shrine Bowl will be played Saturday, July 28th, 2018, in Pittsburg, Kansas, at Carnie Smith Stadium on the campus of Pittsburg State University. Kickoff will be at 7:00 pm. Tickets and additional information are available at www.kansasshrinebowl.com or by calling 800-530-5524.